Five Cab Tips For Your Next Trip
Been in a cab lately? If so, you have probably felt the uneasiness of getting into a car with a complete stranger. Here are some tips to help make your next cab ride safe and uneventful:
1. Have complete directions to your destination in your hand before you sit down in the cab.
2. Get the hotel bellman to hail a cab for you. They are more familiar with cabs in the area.
3. Make a note of your driver’s appearance, cab number and other identifying marks. This info is very useful if you leave an item behind or if you need to report an incident.
4. Never use a gypsy cab. Be suspicious if a cab does not have licensing decals displayed, and a visible cab number.
5. Always get a receipt. Make sure that it has the driver’s name, ID number, date and amount paid.
When traveling for business, transportation to and from the hotel, restaurants and other locations can be tricky. Many hotels offer shuttle services to nearby establishments. Take advantage of these services if possible.
The concierge at the hotel will be able to give details about the best modes of transportation in the area. If you have a lengthy stay, a car rental maybe a good option. Many cities have great rail systems that are cost effective and quicker than taking a cab.
Travel can be great. Make sure your trip is a safe one. Remember to listen to your gut instinct. If a situation does not feel right, it probably is not.